The Workstation Engineer is an IT specialist responsible to design, build, manage and/or improve our future and current Workstation or desktop services (Windows 10 & 7). As such the candidate must have a profound and indepth knowledge of windows.
The Workstation Engineer performs duties across the full scope of the Workstation or desktop specialism in a complex and global IT environment. Tasks and issues may be varied and challenging in nature so it is required to have a strong interest & understanding of the technology and concepts involved with desktop. It is also important for the engineer to be proactive, motivated and to work well with colleagues inside and outside of the team in order to build the best products and services for our customers.
Technical skills/experience required
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows & Office products - technical & roadmaps;
- Good understanding of management and support of browser & application runtimes;
- Strong knowledge of managing a (desktop) user environment and security settings using GPO's, UE-V, Work Folders and/or Offline files in particular;
- Good knowledge of automation technology, Powershell in particular;
- Experience working in a large enterprise (global experience beneficial);
- SCCM knowledge desirable.
- Take initiative - able to propose solutions and initiate actions;
- Analytical thinking - experience with problem solving/troubleshooting;
- Good communication skills: Strong English required in both verbal and writing;
- Have a positive 'can do' mentality.
If you are not contacted within 3-5 working days please assume you were not short listed on this occasion.