Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Posted Mar 10
Exeter, Devon, United Kingdom
This employer requests that only candidates in United Kingdom apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not United Kingdom, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
KCOM are currently recruiting for a number of Senior Infrastructure Engineers to join the business, based out of our Exeter office.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be part of a small team engaged in all stages of the design, implementation, and support of customer network solutions in line with KCOM strategy.
* To work alongside pre-sales as the Design Authority for the lifecycle of a project, from identification of the requirement through to delivery.
* Support the developing and shaping of the customers thinking and understanding of how various solutions can help address their business challenges
* Design of network technical solutions, developing innovative, effective working methods as needed, to meet customer requirements within agreed strategy
* To articulate and present complex designs, technologies and solutions to both technical and non-technical customers to communicate the associated features and benefits
* Ensure all solutions follow the appropriate governance processes to ensure all solutions are robust, reliable, deliverable and supportable
* Produce the required network infrastructure design documentation to enable the infrastructure to be implemented and maintained
* Provide expert "trouble-shooting" to identify and rectify network infrastructure problems
* Liaise with other departments e.g. Technical Support, Sales etc. liaising with suppliers where appropriate to analyse new/changes to systems and processes to improve service to customers
* Cisco CCNP certification or equivalent and have strong experience in Routing and Switching (OSPF, BGP, MPLS)
* Solid Firewall experience, ideally Fortigate certified to NSE 5 or above
* Experience designing and supporting WAN solutions, ideally in a service provider environment
* Excellent customer facing communication skills with a proactive and flexible attitude
KCOM is a leading provider of communications services and IT solutions to organisations and consumers. By listening to and learning from our customers, we design and deliver the right services to connect them with the things that matter.
What we can offer you?
This is a growing, changing company which offers a lot of variety and opportunity for skills development and career progression. All necessary training will be provided within the role.
What are my hours of work?
This role is primarily 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday, although out of hours work may be required from time-to-time when customer requirements demand.
You'll get 25 days holidays per year, a pension, access to the KCOM flexible benefits scheme, the option to join the KCOM share scheme, and 4 times salary life assurance.
To apply, please click the APPLY button.
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time