SQ Computer Personnel
Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
This employer requests that only candidates in United Kingdom apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not United Kingdom, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Logistics engineer required for a leading global security company. The successful Logistics Engineer will act as the key interface with the contracted Logistics Services Provider and MOD Authority, the Logistics Engineer will lead on logistics and supply chain matters, coordinating the activities of the Obsolescence Management (OM) team to identify opportunities to improve the Reliability Maintainability and Supportability of Sentry Air Vehicle components.
The successful candidate must be able to hold and maintain a UK government security clearance
A leading global Security company with offices throughout the UK, They provide innovative systems, products and solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. 60,000 employers across 25 countries. The City has a number of fantastic restaurants and good transport links to the rest of the UK.
Based in the historical City of Lincoln there is always plenty of activities to keep yourself buy when not working, Visit the Cathedral or Museums or take in the copy of the Magna Carta at the Lincoln Castle.
* Act as the key interface with the contracted Logistics services provider and Authority lead on logistics and supply chain matters
* Identify opportunities to improve the Reliability Maintainability and Supportability of Sentry Air Vehicle components
* Assist with the review and management of Obsolescence & Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS) identifying innovative solutions by liaising with the Engineering Authority (EA) and Design Organisation (DO) for alternate, initiation of technical modification/re-design
* Identify Mean Time Between Failure & FRACAS of Sentry aircraft systems, liaising with DO and EA to recognise cause and source resolutions
* Overview and liaison with the Commercial & Enterprise Shared Services organisations sub-contractors to identify and qualify vendors
* React to changing demands and objectives as and when required
* Co-ordinate the activities of the OM team
* Advise RMS manager of emerging issues with the potential to impact upon fleet availability and operational capability
* Develop and present proposals for DMS issue resolution to the AI PT
* Chairs weekly OM team progress meetings
* Advises RMS manager of policy changes that may impact on the Obsolescence Management Plan
* Has a proven track record of achievement in a high profile logistics role in a complex stakeholder environment as well as experience of providing logistical/technical support
* Experience in implementing innovative processes and procedures that enhance performance and air vehicle availability
* Possesses sound communication skills and encourage others to accept and drive change and has experience of cost benefit analysis & business case development
* Can develop and manage positive relationships in a challenging environment
* Demonstrable logistics experience in a complex Stakeholder environment
* Is ISO9001:2015 aware and champions continual Improvement
* Must be able to hold and maintain a UK government security clearance
* Applicants must be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances.
* Applicant must be conversant with and eligible to work within ITAR regulations
To apply for this job please send a copy of your CV to (see below) or call
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Employment Type: Permanent
Other Pay Info: Competitive