Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
This employer requests that only candidates in United Kingdom apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not United Kingdom, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Our client is looking for a professional and confident candidate to provide on-site and remote IT support, on both a regular and ad-hoc basis, to schools from the company's customer portfolio. This role requires someone who is able to manage their workload and time with minimal supervision.
The key skills required are:
- A minimum of 1 years' experience in a 1st / 2nd line support role .
- Understanding of computer systems in general, backed up by a strong awareness of troubleshooting methodologies.
- Knowledge of server technologies including, but not limited to: Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016, server RAID arrays, server backups, managing Active Directory tree, Group Policy, server permissions.
- A strong understanding of virtualised environments. Microsoft Hyper-V is their most common platform.
- Understanding of small to medium-sized networks - TCP/IP, managed switches, cabling, wireless technologies, filtering systems.
- Ability to work with various remote solutions i.e. Remote Desktop, Logmein.
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot AV equipment (touchscreen boards, projectors, speaker systems, amplifiers) and various IT peripherals.
- Experience in working with a wide range of office printers (software and hardware installation, centralised deployment, troubleshooting).
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a 1st / 2nd line support role.
- Knowledge of Windows OS structured deployment (WDS, cloning technologies, general imaging).
- Experience in working with VMware technologies (ESXi, Workstation).
- A methodical approach to data recovery tasks (offline access to internal storage media, lost partition retrieval, file system repair).
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and management platforms, such as Office 365, Google Admin, MDM solution).
- In-depth hardware troubleshooting skills (diagnose internal faults & component replacement).
- Knowledge of bulk managing Apple devices through Apple configurator, Meraki MDM etc.
- Some experience managing content using WordPress or similar tools.
- Driving licence and access to personal vehicle is desirable but not mandatory.
- Maintain a consistent professional figure.
- Liaise with various stakeholders - mainly with school personnel (head teachers, business managers, teaching staff) and Local Authority.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be able to downscale technical language in order to explain IT issues to non-technical people.
- Able to build and maintain strong professional relationships with the relevant parties, while acting as a brand ambassador for the company.
- Time management skills are essential, due to the logistical nature of the role.
- Teamwork: able to fit into a dynamic team.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with a genuine interest in the IT field.
- Willingness to learn, improve and undertake IT training / qualifications.
If you feel you have the relevant skills then please do apply. Lea Consultancy would like to thank you for taking the time to read this advertisement and wish you the very best in your search.
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time