Infrastructure Solution Architect
Prestigious Organization is seeking an Infrastructure Solutions Architect to work out of their Chicago office. This position can be up to 60% travel but should be less the majority of the time.
- IT experience with complex IT infrastructure
- Data Center Background
- Cloud computing, Middleware, web applications/infrastructure
- Collaboration - working with all levels across multiple organizations
- Communication skills - you'll be working with clients
- Infrastructure Background
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus-
- Detail oriented and must be able to think independently
- High level of initiative and self-confidence
- Travel up to 60%
-Meet with clients, gathering requirements and developing the design and implementing at a client site
-Design configure and deploy complex solutions (for internal production and client facing).
-Work with the global community to design and implement new solutions and infrastructures, for new services or upgrades of the existing ones.
-Design and lead any lab based proof of concept, clearly and concisely documenting lab observations and recommending actions based on lab observations
-Provide software and hardware configuration and architecture recommendations based on a cost of ownership model that is appropriate for each system/project/client.
- Provide recommendations and technical lead for application and Data Center migration projects on Windows, HPUX, and Linux, including the design and implementation of data migration and replication solutions.
-Work with other teams, such Development and the Operations/Maintenance Team to ensure that appropriate systems, bandwidth, redundancy, security and monitoring (etc.) are in place for existing and new implementations.
-Include into new infrastructure design methods of application performance monitoring, debugging, and tuning
We will look for these skills - not everything, just a combination!:
- RedHat (RHCSA)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- Administration of a hypervisor environment (preferably VMWare 5+)
- Administration of one (minimum) or more of the following environment Unix (HPUX preferred)/Linux/Windows Servers in a data center environment supporting production activities
- Experience with meeting with clients, gathering requirements and developing the design and implementing at a client site
- Experience with and ability to design, configure and deploy complex solutions (for internal production and client facing).
- Experience performing system administration duties on multi-operating system systems.
- Experience w/SAN mounted file systems and hierarchical storage management
- Experience w/network backup solutions
- Experience turning, designing and implementing highly reliable solutions based on various industry standard operating systems as appropriate. (eg Linux, Unix, Windows Server), - Cisco networking technologies and EMC SAN environments
- Experience performing lab based proof of concept, clearly and concisely documenting lab observations and recommending actions based on lab observations
- Experience with designing and implementing solutions
- Experience with encryption and certificate authority services
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time
Pay: $130,000 to $160,000 USD
Pay Period: Annual
Other Pay Info: bonus
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Telecom Market Intelligence