Infrastructure Solution Architect
This is a company that provides hosting services and technology infrastructure and big Data security infrastructure services to their clients. Looking for an Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Architect to provide pre and post infrastructure services to all clients nation-wide. 60% sporadic national travel. Someone who came up through the ranks. Has the ability to colaborate with clients and advice solutions.
- IT experience with complex IT infrastructure
- Data Center Background
- Cloud computing, Middleware, web applications/infrastructure
- Collaboration - working with all levels across multiple organizations
- Communication skills - you'll be working with clients
- Infrastructure Background
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus-
- Detail oriented and must be able to think independently
- High level of initiative and self-confidence
-Meet with clients, gathering requirements and developing the design and implementing at a client site
-Design configure and deploy complex solutions (for internal production and client facing).
-Work with the global community to design and implement new solutions and infrastructures, for new services or upgrades of the existing ones.
-Design and lead any lab based proof of concept, clearly and concisely documenting lab observations and recommending actions based on lab observations
-Provide software and hardware configuration and architecture recommendations based on a cost of ownership model that is appropriate for each system/project/client.
- Provide recommendations and technical lead for application and Data Center migration projects on Windows, HPUX, and Linux, including the design and implementation of data migration and replication solutions.
-Work with other teams, such Development and the Operations/Maintenance Team to ensure that appropriate systems, bandwidth, redundancy, security and monitoring (etc.) are in place for existing and new implementations.
-Include into new infrastructure design methods of application performance monitoring, debugging, and tuning
- RedHat (RHCSA)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- dAministration of a hypervisor environment (preferably VMWare 5+)
- Administration of one (minimum) or more of the following environment Unix (HPUX preferred)/Linux/Windows Servers in a data center environment supporting production activities
- Experience with meeting with clients, gathering requirements and developing the design and implementing at a client site
- Experience with and ability to design, configure and deploy complex solutions (for internal production and client facing).
- Experience performing system administration duties on multi-operating system systems.
- Experience w/SAN mounted file systems and hierarchical storage management
- Experience w/network backup solutions
- Experience turning, designing and implementing highly reliable solutions based on various industry standard operating systems as appropriate. (eg Linux, Unix, Windows Server), - Cisco networking technologies and EMC SAN environments
- Experience performing lab based proof of concept, clearly and concisely documenting lab observations and recommending actions based on lab observations
- Experience with designing and implementing solutions
- Experience with encryption and certificate authority services
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time
Other Pay Info: 130-160K + 15% Bonus
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Telecom Market Intelligence