This employer requests that only candidates in United Kingdom apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not United Kingdom, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Were looking for an inquisitive problem solver capable of investigatingand resolving complex customer issues based on an in depth knowledge ofWindows internals and common protocols. You need to be passionate andknowledgeable about new technologies and products; always looking forways to revolutionise how security technology interacts with the user;and have a penchant for solving complex and challenging technicalproblems in a creative manner. You recognise issues early and escalatingthem to managers and youll be Supports first point of contact with Engineering.
- Investigate issues escalated to the Fasttrack Development fromSupport and other internal teams.
- Replicate customer environments with the aim to reproduce issues andsubsequently develop fix prototypes.
- Windows crash dump analysis.
- Develop and test prototype fixes in C++.
- As required engage directly with customers using remote accesssessions to investigate issues in detail and implement workarounds whileinvestigations are in progress.
- Develop both internal and external tools to enhance troubleshootingand aid data analysis.
- Share findings with the Fasttrack Development team and other teamswithin Sophos.
Experience and Skills
- You'll be comfortable using tools such as WinDbg, SysInternals suite,Windows SDK/WDK, Windows Performance Toolkit, Wireshark, MicrosoftMessage Analyzer
- Good networking knowledge and understanding of common protocols suchas HTTP, SMB, DNS, SSL/TLS
- Communicate findings to non-technical staff and senior support managers
- Comfortbale using scripting languages such as Vbscript / Python / Powershell
- Prioritising work based on severity and meeting Support SLA
- Knowledge of a wide range of Windows operating systems
- Analytical with an eye for detail, a natural problem solver with acontinuous improvement ethos;
- Experience in security products, e.g. anti-virus, anti-expolit products
- Linux knowledge
- Experience of developing code in C++, C# or Java
NOTICE TO RECRUITERS & PLACEMENT AGENCIES
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submitresumes to any person or email address at Sophos prior to having asigned agreement from Human Resources. Sophos is not liable for and willnot pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency.Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place willbe considered your company's gift to Sophos and may be forwarded to ourrecruiters for their attention. Thank you. - provided by Dice